|2019 Seasonal Weight Restrictions|
|Seasonal weight restrictions will go into effect on all posted county, town, and tribal roads on Wednesday, March 20, 2019. All posted roads shall be limited to six (6) tons per single axle and ten (10) tons per tandem axle, with a combined gross weight not to exceed 21 tons. See Press Release here.|
|Town Road Closure:
Old South Branch Road Cut-Across Closed Due to Flooding
|On Friday, February 22, 2019, the Town of Menominee closed Old South Branch Road cut-across (gravel portion leading to and coming from CTH M-east) due to flooding. Refer to the attached press release for more details. <PRESS RELEASE>|
Menominee County Highway Department (MCHD) strives to provide the commuting public with a safe and efficient driving experience on all public access roads located within the County of Menominee and Menominee Indian Reservation. It accomplishes this through—
• Snow removal and ice control;
• Woody vegetation and brush control;
• Drainage installation and maintenance;
• Mowing and control of unwanted vegetation;
• Installation and maintenance of all traffic control devices (e.g. signs, guard rail, etc.);
• Litter control;
• Road resurfacing and repair;
• Ditching and shouldering; and
• Grading and graveling.
In addition, MCHD issues permits providing access to and/or construction within various rights-of-way managed by MCHD and owned by the State of Wisconsin, County of Menominee, Town of Menominee, and Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin.
Description of Department
MCHD offices are located in Keshena, Wisconsin, approximately 1.5 miles north of the Shawano-Menominee County line on STH 47 and approximately 0.25 miles east on Chief Carron Road (at the intersection of Go Around Road, or BIA Route 85). Click on this link below to see a Google Map of our location: maps.google.com/maps/ms. Our facilities include a 35,458 sq. foot building (includes administrative offices, shop, inventory, and equipment storage), a 7,200 sq. foot cold storage shed, and a 2,373 sq. foot salt storage shed.
MCHD consists of the following 13 employees (click on the link under the person's name if you would like to send him/her an e-mail):
1. Jeremy C. Weso, Highway Commissioner;
2. Steve Wilke, Patrol Superintendent (Legend Lake-South route);
3. Kourtney Erickson, Asst. Finance Director/Office Manager;
4. Two Highway Maintenance Specialists:
• Richard "Rick" Wilber (STH 47 route);
• Allen Washinawatok (STH 55 route);
5. Five Maintenance Technicians:
• Slade King (South Branch route)
• Tony Waukau (Neopit and Zoar route)
• John Eggert (Keshena route)
• Francis "Frankie" Reiter (Legend Lake - North route)
• Andy Gracia (VV-West, West Branch, and Middle Village route)
6. Doreen "Corky" Gauthier, Shop Clerk;
7. Pat Roberts, Mechanic; and
8. Adrian Feather, Facilities Maintenance Technician.
The following flowchart shows how the department is organized:
Department Policies, FAQs and Other Information
- Snow Removal and Ice Control Policy
- Snow FAQ
- Snow Plow Route (County/Reservation Wide)
- Snow Plow Route - Neopit
- Snow Plow Route - Legend Lake
- Menominee County/Reservation Road Safety Audit
- Access (Driveway) Permits Policy
- Fillable Access Permit Application
If you have any concerns or complaints you would like to pass along to us, please feel free to do so. Please call us at 715-799-3369 or send an e-mail to the Commissioner or the Patrol Superintendent.
About Our Logo
Our logo was created by a local Menominee artist, Mr. James A. Webster III, who transferred ownership of the copyright to the Menominee County Highway Department on April 17, 2003. The logo depicts the Sacred Hoop with the five clans of the Menominee Tribe and the seven generations represented by seven eagle feathers (w/ 5 clans also appearing inside the feathers).
|Contact:||Jeremy C. Weso - Highway Commissioner
Click here to email
|Mailing Address:||W2703 Chief Carron
Keshena, WI 54135
|Physical Address:||W2703 Chief Carron
Keshena, WI 54135
|Hours:||Monday Through Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
|Safety Commission (Inactive)|